5 Essential Things to do before selling your old android phone: The age of technology is proceeding fast and through the smart technological developments in the form of various devices. The devices like the smart phones are a very common device in almost everyone’s pocket. The android operating smart phones are in great demand due to various features. But the technological geeks are there or those passionate about new devices keep changing their device after certain interval. For them, whenever any new model with salient features of android phone or any other such devices enters the market, the need to sell the old phones is very important. But there are some problems while selling your old android phone. The problem is that the android phones are used to store a number of important data, images, and the personal accounts information. Nobody wants to share the personal information and data or images with anyone and especially the wrong hands.
Things to keep in mind before selling your old android phone:
So before you sell the old android phones some important points must be remembered and those must be performed. Some of the points those are to be kept in mind before selling your old android
- Un-mount the sim card and the memory card
- Your photos and videos must be backed up
- Your texts and call log must be backed up
- The data and settings of the Google account must be backed up
- Data encryption
- Performing the factory reset option
- Un-mount the sim card and the memory card- The sim card is the way of communication for the android phones and most of the smart phones. The contact lists and sometimes few SMS or short texts are stored in the Sim card. So before the old android phone is sold, the sim card is un-mounted at the first. Then the memory cards or the SD cards which are the store house of various items like the photos, videos or other personal details and storages in general must be removed from the device.
- Your photos and videos must be backed up- The images, photos or the videos those you either collected or have taken at different times generally stored in the phone memory and the SD cards if attached. When you are going to sell your old android phones, all the data or the folders will be deleted. The folders or everything like photos or videos stored in the SD cards can be taken as back up in different other places. The different forms of clouds like Google photos or the Microsoft One Drive etc. are used to keep the backups.
- Your texts and call log must be backed up – Many of us are having the nature of storing the call logs or the text messages even if we have to delete the same. For this reason the need of the backup for the call logs or the text messages. To take backups the SMS backup from the Google Play or the AT&T or the Verizon accounts can be used.
Get the new exciting Asus Zenphone
- The data and settings of the Google account must be backed up – The app data of the old android phone like the contacts, the Gmail documents, the calendar entries and the saved items can be taken as backup and then save in the Google Drive, Google + or web browser bookmarks. The backup can be taken by going to the Settings option and then the option of Accounts and selecting the Google account and then checking everything that are required to be sync.
- Data encryption – After taking the backups of all the files or folders, the android phone is ready to sell or to give anyone. But sometimes some data or the items even after deletion and opting factory settings, remain in the phone. To remove everything from the phone, the data can be encrypted and when anyone tries to see those they require the password for decrypting. From the Settings menu, you can get the Encrypt Phone option.
- Performing the factory reset option – the last thing one can do after removing every detail from the old phone is to reset the factory settings. When you are going to sell the old android phones, after performing all the above tasks, opting factory settings is the last vital part to ensure about the security of the used phone and the details of that.
So whenever you are looking for the options of Selling your old android phone or giving it to anybody, remember the above steps and perform the same to ensure the security of the used data and saved items.